Today, Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) launched the first call for proposals for the Business Scale-up and Productivity (BSP) program. The objectives of the program are to:
- assist firms with high-growth potential to scale-up and expand;
- support technology demonstration and the commercialization of new technologies;
- encourage the early adoption or adaptation of leading-edge technologies and processes to improve productivity; and,
- increase businesses’ capacity to grow through market diversification and entry into global markets.
- Project proposals must demonstrate support in one of the following priorities: clean technology, clean resources, digital technology, advanced manufacturing, value-added agriculture, and life sciences.
BSP is a federal funding program that provides repayable contributions to firms in Western Canada that are pursuing growth and business expansion. BSP complements WD’s existing programs and supports an environment where local businesses can thrive and innovate. WD will be accepting online applications from December 3, 2018, to January 11, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. MST.
WD will hold BSP information sessions in cities across Western Canada. Each session will include a presentation on the BSP program, followed by a question and answer period.
Please visit the WD’s BSP website to register for the nearest information session: